Lighting Instructional Gatherings Through Story SELebration!
Artist: Queen Nur
Type: Professional Learning
Program Availability: In-Person, Virtual
In this professional learning, teachers will learn how to use the elements of storytelling to engage and expand student learning. During this collaborative experience teachers will use self-selected classroom curriculum text to explore self to text discoveries, as well as Social Emotional Learning competencies.
In-Person or Virtual
- Teachers – Grades k-12
- Experience the elements of storytelling.
- Explore how to use storytelling to envision and examine self to text.
- Identify and apply storytelling techniques as strategies to empower students to develop creative and critical thinking, social-emotional competencies, and intellectual and expressive abilities across curriculums.
- Convey meaning through storytelling within contexts of our global society.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7:
- Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Culturally Responsive Practice
- Social Emotional Learning
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 3: Equity & Culture
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $560.00 (90 minute session)
Additional Fees: In-Person Program Travel Fee - $95 per day; Virtual Program Technology Fee - $45; (On-Demand programs are not charged travel or tech fees)
Program Length: 90 minutes
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1-2
Appropriate For Grade(s): Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
SEL: Social Emotional Learning