Lighting Instructional Gatherings Through Story SELebration!
In this professional learning, teachers will learn how to use the elements of storytelling to engage and expand student learning. During this collaborative experience teachers will use self-selected classroom curriculum text to explore self to text discoveries, as well as Social Emotional Learning competencies.
In-Person or Virtual
- Teachers – Grades k-12
- experience the elements of storytelling.
- explore how to use storytelling to envision and examine self to text.
- identify and apply storytelling techniques as strategies to empower students to develop creative and critical thinking, social-emotional competencies, and intellectual and expressive abilities across curriculums.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7:
- Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Culturally Responsive Practice
- Social Emotional Learning
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 3: Equity & Culture
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $560.00 (90 minute session)
Travel Fee: $75 per day (virtual and on-demand programs are not charged for travel)
Program Length: 90 minutes
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1-2
Appropriate For Grade(s): Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
SEL: Social Emotional Learning