Identity Expression Through the Arts
Educators will engage with expressive art making experiences that support them to investigate aspects of their identity that are perhaps unseen or underrepresented. Through haiku, creative movement, tableaux, abstract visual art, and/or voice, educators will use creative modalities to learn alternatives to writing and speaking. Educators will engage with opportunities to share and respond to artistic creations. This is a perfect workshop for people who wish to have more creative communication tools at the ready!
- Learn ways to express identity through multi-disciplinary art forms.
- Identify three-five expressive art activities to facilitate with students.
- Consider ways to embed the work into subject matter curriculum.
- Create space for sharing artistic expressions.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating
- Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding
- Anchor Standard 7: Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $1,215
Workshop Materials Fee: $200
Additional Fees: In-Person Program Travel Fee - $95 per day; Virtual Program Technology Fee - $45; (On-Demand programs are not charged travel or tech fees)
Audience Limit: 25
Program Length: One Three Hour Session, Two 90-minute Sessions, or Three 50-minute sessions on one day
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1
Appropriate For Grade(s): Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Arts Appreciation Month
National Arts & Humanities Month
SEL: Social Emotional Learning