Totally Vocally Workshop/Master Class
Ball in the House is excited to offer workshops and master classes. Please call or email for details and pricing.
There are 3 main types:
- A school group or chorus performs and we offer constructive criticism, ask questions, and encourage based on our experience as full-time musicians.
- Ball in the House performs and breaks down how we do what we do, then gives a group or chorus the chance to ask questions and find out more about what we do.
- Ball in the House works on a performance with a group or chorus, either guesting on a song they’re working on or having them learn parts to one of our songs and performing it with us. Music would be sent in advance.
The third option is usually the type of workshop we do before a concert, where the group or chorus would open up for us, providing an obvious forum for the two groups to perform together and to help draw people to the show.
Some workshops encompass two or even all three of these aspects. Ball in the House will work with the director of the group to build the workshop that’s best for your students.
While our workshop works best with choral groups, many aspects can also translate to instrumental groups or certain non-musical groups.
Some topics that can be covered in any of these workshops:
- Performance tips (nervousness, appearance, energy, etc.)
- Vocal percussion/beat boxing and other vocal effects
- Vocal health
- Blending techniques
- Using improvisation and other ideas to improve current arrangement
- Live sound technology
- Working in a recording studio
- Working with the group to learn a classic, old-school doo-wop song
- Working with the group to learn a modern song arrangement, with vocal
- Percussion, effects, etc.
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $Variable
Additional Fees: In-Person Program Travel Fee - $95 per day; Virtual Program Technology Fee - $45; (On-Demand programs are not charged travel or tech fees)
Audience Limit: Variable
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1
Appropriate For Grade(s): All Grades
Arts Appreciation Month
Music in the Schools Month
National Arts in Education Week
Youth Arts Month
Visual & Performing Arts