The Healing Power of Symbols and Imagery
Artist: Eloise Bruce
Type: Professional Learning
Program Availability: In-Person, Virtual
This professional learning program uses the art forms of visual art and poetry to foster well-being. Collage and poetry offer pathways into our unconscious mind where many of our fears and dreams live hidden from our view. In this workshop participants are given the opportunity to explore their creative selves, identify what sustains them, leave behind some of their recent losses, and create a new future to live into. Teachers can take the strategies of this workshop back into their classrooms and adapt them to give students an opportunity to explore loss and to reconnect with their dreams.
In-Person or Virtual
- Arts Specialists
- Principals and Supervisors
- Journal teaching and learning recollections.
- Create a collage that represents their personal core/center.
- Identify sensory details for seeing and hearing.
- Create a poem that reflects a powerful future to live in.
- Present collages and poems.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7: Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning
- Self Care
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Standard 6: Professional Capacity of School Personnel
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $1,215.00
Additional Fees: In-Person Program Travel Fee - $95 per day; Virtual Program Technology Fee - $45; (On-Demand programs are not charged travel or tech fees)
Audience Limit: 25
Program Length: One Three Hour session, Two 90-minute sessions, or Three 50-minute sessions
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1
Appropriate For Grade(s): Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, All Grades
SEL: Social Emotional Learning