The Healing Power of Symbols and Imagery – Virtual Professional Learning
NOTE: virtual programs are not charged a travel fee.
- Arts Specialists
- Principals and Supervisors
This virtual professional learning program uses the art forms of visual art and poetry to foster well-being. Collage and poetry offer pathways into our unconscious mind where many of our fears and dreams live hidden from our view. In this workshop participants are given the opportunity to explore their creative selves, identify what sustains them, leave behind some of their recent losses, and create a new future to live into. Teachers can take the strategies of this workshop back into their classrooms and adapt them to give students an opportunity to explore loss and to reconnect with their dreams.
- journal virtual learning/pandemic recollections.
- create a collage that represents their personal core/center.
- identify sensory details for seeing and hearing.
- create a poem that reflects a powerful future to live in.
- present collages and poems.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7: Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning
- Self Care
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Standard 6: Professional Capacity of School Personnel
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $375 (90 minute session) $600 (3 hour session) $1200 (6 hour session)
Travel Fee: $75 per day (virtual programs are not charged for travel)
Program Length: up to 6hrs.
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1-2
Appropriate For Grade(s): Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, All Grades
SEL: Social Emotional Learning