Progressive Percussion & Mindfulness
Experience and explore different ways in which percussion music can enrich Social Emotional Learning (SEL) practices in your classroom. Participants will hear and see work samples created by students and teachers who experienced in-person, virtual and hybrid formats of the Young Audiences Progressive Percussion & Mindfulness residency with Hector Morales. Participants will identify and share emotional and sensory vocabulary, as well as co-create meditative music and a meditation. Participants will imagine different applications for the needs of individual classrooms, while considering the collective impact on school climate and culture. No musical background is necessary to be able to enjoy and/or implement the techniques presented in this session.
In-Person or Virtual
- Arts Specialists
- Identify and share emotional vocabulary.
- Experience a meditative music and movement experience.
- Co-creating meditative music.
- Apply language of the senses to co-create a meditation.
- Identify one percussion and mindfulness ritual to use in their teaching and learning practice.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding
- Anchor Standard 7: Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Culturally Responsive Practice
- Social Emotional Learning – Transformative
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 3: Equity & Culture
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $$375 (90 minute session) $600 (3 hour session)
Travel Fee: $75 per day (virtual and on-demand programs are not charged for travel)
Program Length: up to 3 hrs
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1
Appropriate For Grade(s): Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
SEL: Social Emotional Learning
Visual & Performing Arts