Looking In, Out, and Beyond
This professional learning program will use theatre, visual art, and poetry to explore personal perspective, the perception of others, and consider the ways in which imagination can console, heal and liberate. Teachers engage in activities that strengthen Language Arts skills of point of view, descriptive language, and inference. Personal narrative, and perspective, as used in visual art, theatrical staging, as well as seeing with the mind’s eye will be the main focus of the work.
In-Person or Virtual
- engage in a visualization experience.
- create a torn paper collage.
- use direction, level, body and facial expression to articulate emotions.
- create a haiku that reflects their environment and their relationship to environment and where they imagine they are.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7: Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning
- Self Care
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Standard 6: Professional Capacity of School Personnel
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $375 (90 minute session) $600 (3 hour session) $1200 (6 hour session)
Travel Fee: $95 per day (virtual and on-demand programs are not charged for travel)
Program Length: up to 6 hrs.
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1-3
Appropriate For Grade(s): Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th
SEL: Social Emotional Learning