Get Up and Learn! Using Movement in the Classroom
Artist: Laura Marchese
Type: Professional Learning
Program Availability: In-Person, Virtual
In this professional learning program, teachers will experience and understand the Elements of Dance as they explore their individual creativity. Movement activities will be scaffolded to model their usefulness as creative exercises and formative assessment tools. Each participant will create original movement that connects to curriculum content and will collaborate with the group to create a larger, unique piece of choreography. We will examine and analyze ways in which online platforms can be maximized for engaging our students, as well as become positive spaces for encouraging creativity and new ways of looking at the world.
In-Person or Virtual
- Dance Arts Specialists
- Understand the Elements of Dance (Space, Time, and Energy).
- Explore how to use the Elements of Dance to develop and deliver a creative movement lesson that integrates movement with curriculum content of their choice.
- Envision ways to include movement based creative problem solving, critical thinking, and collaboration into teaching and learning.
- Envision ways to address Social Emotional Learning competencies into teaching and learning.
- Employ movement as a strategy for differentiated learning that values each student’s cultural identity and developmental achievement.
- Reflect on their experience, giving them opportunity to compare, contrast, and synthesize what they have learned.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7:
- Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 3: Equity & Culture
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $1215.00
Additional Fees: In-Person Program Travel Fee - $95 per day; Virtual Program Technology Fee - $45; (On-Demand programs are not charged travel or tech fees)
Audience Limit: 25 participants per session
Program Length: One Three Hour Session, Two 90-minute Sessions, or Three 50-minute Session on One Day
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1
Appropriate For Grade(s): Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th
SEL: Social Emotional Learning