Finding your Center: Found Object Mandalas
In this professional learning program educators will learn ways to create ephemeral “mandalas” out of found objects. Mandala means “circle” and is created by making concentric patterns around a centralized point -“an integrated structure organized around a unified center.” Hands-on art-making experiences will encourage an understanding of patterns, sequence, symmetry, shapes and sorting, as well support a mindful practice of utilizing materials to create meditative art, while encouraging creative practices to establish and sustain positive relationships, and cooperative and constructive participation.
In-Person or Virtual
- Visual Arts Specialists
- Principals and Supervisors
- Experience the joy of creating mandalas.
- Create mandalas from natural and found objects.
- Create a temporary work of art that includes patterns.
- Discuss how creating mandalas supports mathematical and social development.
- Observe & discuss an understanding of patterns, sequencing, symmetry, shapes sorting.
- Discuss ways in which the child learns through play and exploration.
- Collaborate with colleagues to make connection to current goals.
- Gain access to resources for creating mandalas alongside children.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7: Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $1215.00
Workshop Materials Fee: $200.00
Additional Fees: In-Person Program Travel Fee - $95 per day; Virtual Program Technology Fee - $45; (On-Demand programs are not charged travel or tech fees)
Audience Limit: 25 participants per session
Program Length: One Three Hour Session or Two 90-minute Sessions on One Day
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1
Appropriate For Grade(s): Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
SEL: Social Emotional Learning