ERACISM: Confronting and Eradicating Racist Imagery
This virtual professional learning program will introduce participants to the history of racism in America. Participants will learn how images are used to perpetuate racist mindsets and understand how racism is found in the arts. Participants will use their understanding to identify the negative impact racist images have on students and identify how their teaching and learning can dismantle racism in America.
In-Person or Virtual
- Arts Specialists
- Principals and Supervisors
- engage with the history of racism in America.
- learn how images are used to perpetuate racist mindsets.
- understand the negative impact racist images has on students.
- learn how racism is found in the arts.
- identify how their teaching and learning can dismantle racism.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7: Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Artistic Process: Connecting
- Anchor Standard 11: Relating artistic ideas and works within societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding.
- Social Emotional Learning
- Culturally Responsive Practice
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 3: Equity & Culture
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $1215.00
Workshop Materials Fee: $100.00
Additional Fees: In-Person Program Travel Fee - $95 per day; Virtual Program Technology Fee - $45; (On-Demand programs are not charged travel or tech fees)
Audience Limit: 25 participants per session
Program Length: One Three Hour Session, Two 90-minute Sessions, or Three 50-minute sessions on One Day
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1
Appropriate For Grade(s): 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
SEL: Social Emotional Learning