Engaging Brain Based Music Strategies for Social Emotional Learning & Literacy
This virtual professional learning program will engage participants with rhythm, voice and movement to learn virtual classroom strategies for teaching social-emotional skills. Mary shares a well-designed brain-based musical pathway toward teaching, practicing and evolving Social Emotional Literacy. Creative arts activities are designed to build focused, engaged and creative classroom environments where kindness, appreciation and joy are the foundation of experiential learning.
- Arts Specialists
- Principals and Supervisors
- learn virtual and classroom music and movement strategies for teaching social-emotional skills and empowering students to label.
- learn and internalize music and movement based creative strategies for engaging SEL competencies.
- educe the genius from our students.
- teach in a manner that presents opportunities for all styles of learners to excel as lifetime learners.
- identify how their teaching and learning practice is a journey taken by educators and their students rather than a predetermined destination.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7: Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Standard 6: Professional Capacity of School Personnel
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $375 (90 minute session) $600 (3 hour session) $1200 (6 hour session)
Travel Fee: $75 per day (virtual and on-demand programs are not charged for travel)
Program Length: 90 minute session
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1-4
Appropriate For Grade(s): Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th
SEL: Social Emotional Learning