Empowering the Creative Self: Bringing Arts Integration into the Classroom
In this professional learning program, teachers will gain a deeper understanding of Arts Enhancement and Arts Integration. The program explores teaching methods and materials used to integrate the arts (Visual Art, Creative Movement, Music, and Theatre) as creative strategies to teach academic subjects in the K-12 curriculum. A focus is placed on process-based creative exploration, curriculum writing, and supporting creative practices as emergent research.
In-Person or Virtual
- Arts Specialists
- Principals and Supervisors
- learning about Arts Integration: the what, why, and how of Arts Integration.
- collaborate with different subject matter to gain support and understanding, and to learn new concepts.
- brainstorm and receive feedback on new Arts Integration ideas.
- explore methods to a curriculum aligned write Arts Integration Lesson Plan.
- sharing out and engage with the lesson, each teacher team will walk away with at least one complete Arts Integration lesson aligned with on non-arts subject and an artistic practice.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7: Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $375 (90 minute session) $600 (3 hour session) $1200 (6 hour session)
Travel Fee: $75 per day (virtual and on-demand programs are not charged for travel)
Program Length: 90 minute session
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1-3
Appropriate For Grade(s): Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th