Draw to Learn
Draw to Learn supports participants to use traditional and alternative drawing materials to explore the developmental landscape of mark making. Participants experience creative practices including sensory motor explorations, doodling, mind mapping, and close observation as exercises for creative expression, relaxation, mapping ideas, and representation of learning outcomes. Participants will learn strategies to stimulate creativity, enhance communication skills, and support students to use drawing to represent their thinking and learning. No drawing background is necessary to be able to enjoy and/or implement the techniques presented in this session.
In-Person or Virtual
- Be introduced to alternative and traditional drawing materials.
- Engage with creative strategies that promote artistic presence and process for discovery and expression.
- Identify 1-2 strategies to include in your teaching and learning practice.
- Edwards, B. (2002). The new drawing on the right side of the brain workbook : guided practice in the five basic skills of drawing. London: Souvenir.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7:
- Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning – Transformative
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $1215.00
Additional Fees: In-Person Program Travel Fee - $95 per day; Virtual Program Technology Fee - $45; (On-Demand programs are not charged travel or tech fees)
Audience Limit: 25
Program Length: One Three hour session, Two 90-minute sessions, or Three 50-minute sessions
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 1
Appropriate For Grade(s): Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th