The Heart & Soul of Our Stories – Virtual Professional Learning
NOTE: Virtual programs are not charged a travel fee.
In this virtual professional learning program TAHIRA will illuminate practices that center the stories of African Americans by offering an opportunity for participants to explore the art of storytelling and active listening. Through sharing personal recollections, TAHIRA will lay a foundation for the impact childhood relationships and family culture have on the development of the creative self. Participants will self-reflect on their own cultural traditions as they apply the foundations of creativity and artistry to their arts enhancement and integration practice.
- Arts Specialists
- Principals and Supervisors
- identify and share creative assets.
- experience TAHIRA’s storytelling rooted in the African Diaspora.
- examine TAHIRA’s story to provoke insight into the themes of othering, emotional vocabulary, imagination, resilience, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- explore how stories are created from memories connected to objects.
- apply language of the senses to tell a personal story.
- identify one storytelling ritual to use in their teaching and learning practice.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7:
- Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Culturally Responsive Practice
- Social Emotional Learning
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 3: Equity & Culture
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $560.00
Travel Fee: $75 per day (virtual programs are not charged for travel)
Program Length: 90 minutes
Appropriate For Grade(s): Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
SEL: Social Emotional Learning