Math is a doorway through which students can find a world that is fun, astonishing, and inspirational. This engaging program by Red Sneaker Productions invites students to dive into the sometimes intimidating subject of math with the same passion they might join a soccer or video game. And it’s funny! Combining theatre, humor, and science, this program fascinates young minds and inspires students to realize that math is an amazing part of the real world.
Among the many concepts MathsAmazing brings to life are
- Archimedes’ bathtub eureka moment on calculating the volume of an irregular object.
- The Fibonacci sequence.
- How to get rich on pennies a day with geometric progression!
- 3,4,5 triangles using the amazing rope of 12 knots.
- Math riddles and paradoxes.
- Thales discovers the Law of Proportion by measuring the shadow of the Great Pyramid.
- And a little Abbott and Costello on multiplication and division.
Price & Info
Assembly Price: $1150
Assembly Two-in-a-Row Price: $1590
Travel Fee: $75 per day (virtual programs are not charged for travel)
Audience Limit: 300
Program Length: 45 min.
Appropriate For Grade(s): 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th
Arts Appreciation Month
National Arts & Humanities Month
National Arts in Education Week
At least 30 minutes for set up. Need 6-8 ft. table, desk-size table, a chair that can be stood on (non-folding variety), electrical outlet, two music stands, good general lighting