Lighting Instructional Gatherings Through Story SELebration! – Virtual Professional Learning
NOTE: virtual programs are not charged a travel fee.
In this professional learning teachers will learn how to use the elements of storytelling to engage and expand student learning. During this collaborative experience teachers will use self-selected classroom curriculum text to explore self to text discoveries, as well as Social Emotional Learning competencies.
- Teachers – Grades k-12
- experience the elements of storytelling.
- explore how to use storytelling to envision and examine self to text.
- identify and apply storytelling techniques as strategies to empower students to develop creative and critical thinking, social-emotional competencies, and intellectual and expressive abilities across curriculums.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7:
- Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Culturally Responsive Practice
- Social Emotional Learning
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 3: Equity & Culture
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $560.00
Travel Fee: $75 per day (virtual programs are not charged for travel)
Program Length: 90 minutes
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 2
Appropriate For Grade(s): Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
SEL: Social Emotional Learning