Designing Engaged Virtual Learning – Virtual Professional Learning
NOTE: Virtual programs are not charged a travel fee.
In this virtual professional learning program teachers will learn how to use basic elements and principles of design as a means of communicating ideas. Through designing their own artworks in a series of exercises that build from simple and quick, to more intentionally social-emotionally driven, and then curriculum-driven, teachers will be able to share a design language with their students. These experiences invite students to express their understanding of curriculum concepts and/or social-emotional concepts by employing the elements and principles of design. Teachers will learn to create abstracted visual representations of ideas and use those visual creations as a starting point for verbal and/or written explanation of concepts represented.
- Visual Arts Specialists
- engage first-hand in the excitement of learning the language of design.
- analyze the meaning of a concept and appraise options for how to create an abstracted visual design that represents that concept.
- assess their work in comparison with responses on the same topic.
- differentiate the nuance of meaning created in small design choices.
- engage in guided reflection.
- analyze the visual work of others and draw clues from these creations that connect to meaning.
- state how personal reflections connect visual facts in the work they are analyzing to the meaning they have understood.
- examine nuance through comparing one design to another.
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Creating; Anchor Standard 1: Conceptualizing & Generating Ideas
- NJSLS-VPA: Artistic Process; Responding; Anchor Standard 7:
- Perceiving and Analyzing Products
- Social Emotional Learning
Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Standard 4: Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
Price & Info
Workshop Cost per Day: $375
Travel Fee: $75 per day (virtual programs are not charged for travel)
Program Length: 90 minutes
Workshop Minimum # of Days: 3
Appropriate For Grade(s): Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, All Grades