We’re Hiring: Temporary Part-Time Event Coordinator
Young Audiences Arts for Learning New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts. We envision a future in which all students have the opportunity to engage in quality arts learning that nurtures creativity, cultural awareness, and the development of critical thinking and learning skills.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s largest and most comprehensive arts in education organization. In a typical year, over 350,000 students and teachers experience YA programs in over 500 schools throughout NJ and Eastern PA. In March of 2020, YA began offering programs and services through virtual platforms. YA is continuing to provide programs in all schooling formats including in person, and virtual.
Young Audiences values and embraces diversity in all ways. We strive to remove the barriers to arts participation for students. Learn more about YA’s commitments to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access here.
YA seeks a temporary part time event coordinator to execute two events in Spring 2022. The ideal candidate is an experienced event planner, with strong organizational skills, exemplary follow through and accountability, excellent communication, and a commitment to providing an exceptional experience for participants. Event Coordinator will execute two events in Spring 2022:
Annual Gala, May 7, 2022, at Hyatt Regency in Princeton, NJ
YA’s annual gala is returning after a 2-year hiatus and will be a high energy, engaging evening of the arts, held in the Hyatt’s tented outdoor event space.
Event Planner Will:
- Support the Vice President for Institutional Advancement in executing all aspect of the gala fundraiser.
- Work with YA’s gala team, including the graphic designer, programming staff, technology director, and leadership.
- Support the board benefit committee and collaborate on event execution.
- Coordinate event details, including venue logistics for room set-up, AV coordination, lighting, catering, and decorations.
- Act as liaison to artists performing at the event and auctioneer.
- Work with board, staff, committee to meet fundraising goals through multiple revenue streams – sponsorships, attendance, raffle sales, live auction, etc.
- Contract and negotiate with all event vendors and contractors.
- Support the creation, printing and distribution of all event marketing materials including the Save the Date, Invitations, Raffle Flyers, Ad Journal, and event signage.
- Manage the mailing of the invitations to 1,200 households. Coordinate invitation signing with trustees.
- Manage the reply process, processing and receipting all donations, including RSVPs, decline with donations, raffle ticket fulfillment and any other donor-related transactions through Qgiv and DonorPerfect.
- Coordinate with graphic designer to create, manage, and implement event’s social media strategy and email campaign.
- Oversee creation of photo and video content to leverage for marketing.
reConnect Conference, June 2022, Date TBD, (virtual)
The APLI program will convene a half day virtual conference for classroom educators, arts educators, teaching artists and arts administrators. The event will focus on how arts education can be the vehicle for social justice within the school system, and may feature workshops on restorative juvenile justice, antiracist social emotional learning practices, and more.
Working with the APLI Program Manager, the event planner will:
- Schedule and coordinate collaborative planning with partners
- Confirm, contract, and provide tech support for speakers, presenters and other necessary personnel for the event.
- Execute outreach plan with YA’s Social Media consultant and partners
- Manage registration for the event.
- Collaborate with YA Director of Technology on conference platform and technical aspects of a virtual conference.
- Execute follow up assessment tools to participants.
- Event planning, fundraising, arts education and/or arts administration experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and graciously—both verbally and written—with individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Respect, care, and consideration for donor relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluidly with technology including MS Office Suite, Google Docs, Zoom, and donor management software.
- Deadline driven, inherent desire to set and achieve goals; persistent and consistent efforts are keys to success in this role.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills and complete tasks in accordance with project timelines.
COVID and Additional Information
- YA has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for employees and safety protocols for in-person work at the YA office, schools, and gala venue site.
- YA’s gala will be a vaccine-required event for guests.
- In-person work is required for the gala event, including training, engagement with trustees, mailing fulfillment, site visits to the venue, and for the event itself. All other work can be accomplished virtually.
- Computer and equipment supplied by YA.
- Range: $22-$25/hour commensurate with experience
- Work hours will vary depending on phase of each project, with significant work (15-20 hours/week) occurring in March, April, and May.
- YA office hours are 8:30-4:30. Most of the work of this role will need to be completed in partnership with other staff and occur during working hours.
YA is looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
Candidates should submit a cover letter expressing their interest, and resume to VP for Institutional Advancement Ann Betterton by email to: [email protected] with the subject line: Event Coordinator. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.