We’re Hiring: Join the Team as Our Programming Administrator!
ABOUT YOUNG AUDIENCES
Young Audiences Arts for Learning New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s most comprehensive arts in education organization. In a typical year, YA programs reach approximately 350,000 students in our region. In March of 2020, YA began offering programs and services through virtual platforms. YA is continuing to provide programs in all schooling formats including in person, and virtual.
All YA staff must have an abiding belief in arts education and the critical role teaching artists play in education. Young Audiences values and embraces diversity in all ways. We strive to remove the barriers to arts participation for students. Learn more about YA’s commitments to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access here.
Position Description–Programming Administrator
Young Audiences seeks an early career, detail-oriented administrator to be part of a dynamic sales and marketing team. The Programming Administrator reports to the Senior Director of Educational Marketing and works collaboratively with the Programming Director, Director of Technology Resources and Artist Services Manager to support marketing, programming and sales initiatives.
A hallmark of YA is excellent service and support to our school partners and artists alike. Along with the Programming Director, the Programming Administrator fields incoming requests for YA programming, managing the client experience from start to finish. The Programing Administrator provides administrative support for the Programming Director, and other staff who coordinate in-school programming, including contracting, purchase orders, insurance requests, and artists confirmations. The ideal candidate is dedicated to a high level of personalized and effective communication and follow-through.
Customer Service and Sales (40%)
- Act as a point person for incoming programming requests and inquiries
- Schedule, confirm and contract YA programs in schools, liaising with YA artists to provide 360 support to all involved from the initial inquiry to the post-program survey
- Proactively market and promote programs to school partners, through 1:1 outreach
Marketing Support (20%)
- Generate eblasts in Constant Contact
- Contribute to the launch and execution of marketing campaigns (print, and digital) in many ways: ideating, writing or revising copy
- Contribute to the execution of in-person or virtual marketing events in many ways: ideating, scheduling and administering, working hands on day-of, and more
Administrative Support (30%)
- Process paperwork (digital and paper) for school programs including: insurance documentation, purchase orders, invoices, artist confirmations, and follow up surveys
- Follow up on missing documentation; manage schedule changes
- Update website copy as needed
Contribute to YA Initiatives (10%)
- Participate in Young Audiences’ ongoing efforts to improve in relation to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access, according to YA’s Arts United Plan
- Participate in Young Audiences’ fundraising events and other initiatives as needed
- 2-3 years experience in arts administration, arts marketing or arts education
- Engaging, informative, and concise communication skills, including email and verbal communication
- Track record of excellent attention to detail and full completion of administrative tasks
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, and shift gears quickly due to ebb and flow of the day
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with, or ability to learn: Constant Contact, Salesforce, Teams, Canva
- Understanding of the importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and access in arts education, and the relevant potential for students’ creative experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Application Deadline April 15, 2022
- Approximate Start Date:June 6, 2022
- 40 Hours/Week: Full Time Exempt Position
- Salary Range: Low to Mid $40’s
- YA offers a benefits package including: 401K with employer match, medical benefits, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, and life insurance
- YA offers a flexible and supportive work environment where creative collaboration and shared learning are highly valued
YA is primarily working remotely at this time, with plans to resume in-person work in our Princeton office. Occasional travel to schools and events within our service region of New Jersey and Eastern PA is required. Mileage is reimbursed.
YA has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for employees, and safety protocols for in-person work at the YA office, schools, and event venues.
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome employees and prospective employees without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Candidates should submit a cover letter expressing their interest, work samples, and resume to Michele Russo, President & CEO, by email to: [email protected] with the subject line Programming Administrator. No phone calls please. Application Deadline: April 15, 2022