Join the YA Team as an Arts Education Administrator!
ABOUT YOUNG AUDIENCES
Young Audiences Arts for Learning New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts. We envision a future in which all students have the opportunity to engage in quality arts learning that nurtures creativity, cultural awareness, and the development of critical thinking and learning skills.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s largest and most comprehensive arts in education organization. In a typical year, YA programs reach approximately 350,000 students in our region. Since March of 2020, YA has offered programs and services through virtual platforms, continuing to provide vital arts education experiences in all schooling formats.
Young Audiences values and embraces diversity in all ways. We strive to remove the barriers to arts participation for students. Learn more about YA’s commitments to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access here.
Arts Education Administrator
Approximate Start Date: July 12, 2021
40 Hours/Week; Eligible for Benefits
Salary Range: Low to Mid $40’s
Application Deadline May 21, 2021
The Arts Education Administrator is an opportunity for an early-career (2-3 years’ experience) arts administrator, working with a dynamic staff team, diverse and experienced teaching artists in many arts disciplines, and school partners in varied areas of our service territory of New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania. The Arts Education Administrator must have an abiding belief in the value and necessity of the arts as an essential component of childrens’ education. Alignment with YA’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access is essential.
The Arts Education Administrator is part of the Education Department which manages all YA’s grant-funded residency, performance, professional learning and family programming in schools. The Administrator works under the supervision of the Education Operations Director, managing program delivery, education initiatives and supporting the education dept staff with administrative duties. YA programs are conducted by professional teaching artists, with YA staff administering the work in schools across the region. The Administrator plays a key role in an initiative in the Trenton School District and schools in the surrounding area. The successful candidate is collaborative, mission focused, and is comfortable providing administrative support to the Education Department as well as working independently as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Administer Education Programs (60%):
- Work with school partners, YA artists and other program partners to select, plan, schedule and implement arts education programming to address school needs.
- Adhere to grant requirements and program structures, while supporting teaching artists and school partner needs and offering impactful experiences for students.
- Monitor programs in progress; support school partners and teaching artists throughout program; prepare reporting and participate in assessment as needed.
Support Education Department (30%)
- Directly support Education Department with administrative work including but not limited to:
scheduling programs, creating contracts in Salesforce CRM, coordinating assessment distribution and intake, and assisting with monitoring programs in progress.
- Support fundraising efforts by providing program data and narrative reports as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up to date program schedules.
- Monitor project budgets, ensuring adequacy of funds, and timely artist payment.
Contribute to YA Initiatives (10%)
- Support YA’s social media efforts.
- Participate in organization-wide efforts to assess quality and impact of programming.
- Participate in Young Audiences’ ongoing efforts to improve in relation to diversity, equity, inclusion and access, according to YA’s Arts United Plan.
- Attend arts education convenings and networking opportunities as needed.
- 2-3 years experience in education, arts education and/or arts administration.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively—both verbally and written—with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and communities.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluidly with technology including MS Office Suite; experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Inherent desire to set and achieve goals; persistent and consistent efforts are keys to success in this role.
- Strong organizational skills to track progress on multiple initiatives, provide timely follow up, and complete tasks in accordance with project timelines.
- Belief in and commitment to anti-bias, anti-oppression, anti-racist practices in education.
- Conversational Spanish competency is a plus.
- This position is based in Princeton, with frequent field work and offsite meetings.YA is primarily working remotely at this time, with plans to return to in-person work–both in the office and in schools–as guidelines and safety protocols allow.
- When safety guidelines allow in-school visits, the ability to travel to schools within our service region of New Jersey and Eastern PA is required. Mileage is reimbursed.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: low to mid $40s
- YA offers a benefits package including: 401K with employer match, medical benefits, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, and life insurance.
- YA offers a flexible and supportive work environment where creative collaboration and shared learning are highly valued.
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome employees and prospective employees without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Candidates should submit a cover letter expressing their interest, and resume to Education Operations Director Liz Winter-Kuwornu by email to: [email protected] with the subject line: Arts Education Administrator. No phone calls please. Application Deadline: May 21, 2021