Join the Team as our Senior Director of Educational Marketing!
ABOUT YOUNG AUDIENCES
Young Audiences Arts for Learning New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s most comprehensive arts in education organization. Our venue is the school. Our model of delivery brings arts experiences by professional teaching artists directly to students. By doing so, we eliminate barriers to participation and make the arts accessible to students of every socioeconomic background, geographic area, and ability. In March of 2020, YA began offering programs and services through virtual platforms. YA is continuing to provide programs in all schooling formats including in person, and virtual.
In a typical year, YA reaches approximately 350,000 students in our region, and has a $3M operating budget. YA is comprised of 13 professional staff, and is governed and supported by a thriving board of trustees. YA collaborates with teaching artists and performance ensembles in all artistic disciplines, sharing diverse cultural art forms, and dynamic, authentic arts experiences.
Young Audiences values and embraces diversity in all ways. We strive to remove the barriers to arts participation for students. Learn more about YA’s commitments to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access here.
Position Description—Senior Director of Educational Marketing
Young Audiences seeks a creative and tactical strategist to drive organizational growth and transformation. Taking a holistic view, the Senior Director of Educational Marketing will shape institutional marketing, sales campaigns, and video content development. This newly structured role will work with YA leadership and a collaborative staff team to assess and strengthen existing marketing efforts, and bring creative new strategies from ideation to execution.
YA’s sought-after arts education programs address timely topics including absenteeism, language arts learning, affirmation of diverse identities, positive school culture, anti-bullying, and character education. The Senior Director will envision and launch business development strategies that amplify YA’s ability to meet these needs. Additionally, the Senior Director will be a key contributor to YA ‘s launch of a new project to develop and incorporate video and virtual content into program services.
YA’s customer base includes PTA/PTO representatives, arts educators and classroom teachers, and school or district level educational leaders. The Senior Director will tailor strategies accordingly, and synthesize sales results and analytics to determine the most engaging methods to amplify YA’s message and brand. Experience or appetite for dynamic pricing strategies, and lead generation is desired. An increase in school contracts over time will be a key indicator of success in this role.
The Senior Director reports to the President & CEO and is part of the leadership team, contributing to organizational strategy and vision. The Senior Director supervises a 4-person team (2 FT, 2PT) focused on school client services, artist services, and technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing and Business Development (75%)
Print and Digital Marketing
- Lead and oversee creation, printing and distribution of YA print materials and print ads
- Support VP of Institutional Advancement with creation and distribution of Annual Report for YA donors
- Oversee freelance designers, printers, and vendors as needed
- With technology staff, oversee implementation of website updates and design, functionality, and SEO to increase traffic and capture leads
- Oversee digital ads and campaign management of Google AdWords account
- Develop email and social media strategy (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter); oversee freelance social media/email marketing consultant who executes strategy
- Oversee freelance photography and/or video production as needed
- Participate in planning and coordination of events including retreats, artist showcases, fundraising events, presentations, and conferences
- Deliver presentations at conferences and other convenings as needed
Video/Digital Content Development (10%)
- Contribute to vision, strategy, and development of new digital content over the next three years
- Envision and execute marketing strategies to amplify value of new video/digital content
YA Organization-Wide Initiatives (10%)
- Participate in Young Audiences’ ongoing efforts to improve in relation to diversity, equity, inclusion, and access, according to YA’s Arts United Plan
- Participate in Young Audiences’ fundraising events and other initiatives as needed
- Liaise with YA Board of Trustees’ or board committees as needed
Public Relations and Advocacy: (5%)
- Create and distribute press releases. Monitor, share and archive press hits
- Spearhead special efforts related to advocacy for arts funding and legislation
- Manage annual awards (NJ Governor’s Awards in Arts Education, YA Arts Champion Awards)
- Candidates must have an abiding belief in arts education and understand the critical role that artists have in education
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all mediums, including writing marketing copy, customer service scripts, press releases and social media content
- 5+ years experience in marketing the arts, arts education, or educational programs or services, with a track record of business growth
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Experience integrating anti-bias, anti-oppression, anti-racist practices into marketing
- Skill with synthesizing data (Google and Facebook Analytics, sales results, email campaign stats, etc.) to drive decisions and strategy
- Fiscal discipline and strong organizational skills
- Understanding of priorities and needs of schools in our region, or a demonstrated appetite to develop in this area
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary Range: low $80’s
- YA offers a benefits package including: 401K with employer match, medical benefits, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, and life insurance
- YA offers a flexible and supportive work environment where creative collaboration and shared learning are highly valued
YA is primarily working remotely at this time, with plans to assess the return to in-person work in our Princeton office and in schools in Spring 2022. The ability to travel to schools and events within our service region of New Jersey and Eastern PA is required. Mileage is reimbursed.
YA has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for employees and safety protocols for in-person work at the YA office, schools, and event venues.
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome employees and prospective employees without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Candidates should submit a cover letter expressing their interest, work samples, and resume to Michele Russo, President & CEO, by email to: [email protected] with the subject line Senior Director of Educational Marketing. No phone calls please. Application Deadline: Feb 4.