Dance to Learn Grant Application Now Available – Deadline: March 25, 2016
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation and Dance New Jersey are pleased to announce the
2016-2017 Dance to Learn Grant Application
Eligible Candidates Include: NJ Dance Companies, Dance Teaching Artists, and State Certified Dance Teachers
Dance to Learn Grant Deadline: March 25, 2016
What is Dance to Learn?
- a four-year interdisciplinary and inclusive dance curriculum with the goal to advance dance education in schools and community settings.
- a model of dance education that meets or exceeds the NJ Department of Education Core Curriculum Standards for Dance and the National Core Arts Standards in Dance.
The Dance to Learn curriculum is both arts-based and truly arts-integrated because it:
- encourages students to explore, internalize and transform classroom learning and the elements of dance while developing their individual creative voices.
- offers opportunities for students to reflect, critique and connect personal experiences to their learning of dance and in their classrooms.
- is adaptive to any dance style, genre, or culture.
- provides an inroad to kinesthetic learning and connects to language arts, mathematics, science and social studies, physical education and music curriculums.
- offers formative and summative assessment and documentation tools to help measure the effectiveness of student learning and facilitator impact.
Dance to Learn Grantees Receive:
- A Community Education Day training session for teaching artists, certified teachers, company directors, and administrators to learn the Dance to Learn curriculum.
- Funding for an approved Dance to Learn professional dance company performance at your partner school.
- Funding to implement 10-16 sessions of Dance to Learn curriculum in classrooms at your partner school(s).
- Continued support and site visits from your Dance to Learn professionals throughout your residency.
- Documentation and Assessment protocols to implement during the residency.
Grant awards range from $2,500 – $6,500 for training and implementation of the standards-based Dance to Learn curriculum (DTL).
To Apply for A Dance to Learn Grant:
- Familiarize yourself with the Dance to Learn curriculum and Dance NJ prior to filling out application
- Complete the application by typing in the fields provided
- Sign the application (Artistic Director and/or Project Coordinator signatures are required)
- Submit application and required additional materials (school letter of support, resumes, etc.)
For Questions Pertaining to the Application Contact:
Dance New Jersey Dance to Learn Coordinator Lees Hummel – [email protected]
Dance NJ looks forward to receiving your application!