Join the YA Team as a School Relationship Coordinator!
ABOUT YOUNG AUDIENCES
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts. We envision a future in which all students in the region have the opportunity to engage in quality arts learning that nurtures creativity, cultural awareness, and the development of critical thinking and learning skills.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s largest and most comprehensive arts in education organization. Last year, YA presented programs to over 360,000 students and teachers in over 500 schools throughout NJ and Eastern PA. YA works with professional teaching artists who provide children, their teachers, and their families with four core educational services: hands-on workshops and residencies, live performances, teacher professional development, and family and community events.
Position: School Relationship Coordinator
Hours: Part Time
Young Audiences is hiring the part-time position of School Relationship Coordinator responsible for developing school relationships and managing programming in our service region, with an emphasis on Eastern Pennsylvania.
The School Relationship Coordinator will initiate, nurture and develop relationships with school contacts including PTA/PTO representatives, educators and school leaders and engage them as advocates for arts education and partners. This position requires an individual with an entrepreneurial, creative and strategic approach. A successful candidate is a persistent and engaging communicator who has the ability to form positive and supportive working relationships with individuals from a variety of backgrounds. A background in sales, customer service or outreach is an asset.
A successful candidate has a positive track record of setting goals and measuring progress regularly and gains a high level of satisfaction from tracking the accomplishment of goals. A successful candidate will enjoy a varied work environment, networking and meeting new people on a regular basis, traveling in the region in order to make in person contact. Due to the nature of this work, a high level of organization and time management are necessary for success in this role.
This position regularly requires traveling in our service region of NJ and Eastern PA, while interfacing with the education and programming staff of Young Audiences. Due to the nature of this work, consistent communication with staff—through phone calls, conference calls and email—is a necessity.
The School Relationship Coordinator must understand arts education—both how the arts are currently integrated in schools and how professional artists complement school programming and improve learning. Candidate must have an abiding belief and passionate commitment to the value and need for arts education in all children’s lives.
Primary responsibilities include:
Develop and grow YA’s impact in Eastern PA and areas of New Jersey by:
- Creating and executing a plan to generate relationships with schools and school partners using a variety of strategies: email communications, phone calls, presentations and meetings with school contacts (teachers, Principals, PTA/PTO representatives and other key stakeholders)
- Acting as ambassador at arts, arts education and education convenings in eastern Pennsylvania
- Manage school programming with Pennsylvania and New Jersey schools and partner organizations including: conducting planning with school contacts, developing and monitoring project budgets, assuring that program goals are met within budgetary guidelines
- BA in arts, education or business with 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of current arts education initiatives and aspects of the educational landscape as a whole
- A background in sales, customer service or outreach is strongly desired
- An innovative and entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively and connect with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Inherent desire to set and achieve goals
- Experience working with schools in our service region of New Jersey and Eastern PA is preferred
- Flexibility to respond to the demands of the day while remaining focused on overall vision and long-range goals
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Constant Contact and/or Salesforce is strongly desired
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop project budgets and deliver programming within budget, and within stated timelines
- This is a 20-hour per week salaried position which offers paid vacation time and generous paid holidays. No medical benefits. Salary range: $19,000-$21,000
- A car and driver’s license and the ability to travel to schools within our service region of New Jersey and Eastern PA is required. Mileage is reimbursed.
- While working hours can be standardized, flexible scheduling is regularly needed to accommodate travel time, school events, program schedules and meetings.
- Position is based in Princeton, NJ with the ability to work remotely as needed.
- Young Audiences values diversity, equity and inclusion in all ways.
- People of color and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates from eastern Pennsylvania strongly encouraged to apply.
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Michele Russo, President & CEO by email to: [email protected] with the subject line: School Relationship Coordinator. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.