Join Team YA as an Arts Education Fellow!
ABOUT YOUNG AUDIENCES
Young Audiences Arts for Learning New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania’s (YA) mission is to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts. We envision a future in which all students have the opportunity to engage in quality arts learning that nurtures creativity, cultural awareness, and the development of critical thinking and learning skills.
Since its founding in 1973, YA has grown into the region’s largest and most comprehensive arts in education organization. Last year, YA presented programs to over 400,000 students and teachers in over 500 schools throughout NJ and Eastern PA.
Young Audiences values and embraces diversity in all ways. We strive to remove the barriers to arts participation for students.
Arts Education Fellow
Start Date: September 3, 2019
40 Hours/Week; Eligible for Benefits
The Arts Education Fellow position is a growth and learning opportunity for an early-career arts administrator, working with a dynamic staff team, diverse and experienced teaching artists in many arts disciplines, and school partners in varied areas of our service territory of New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania. The Arts Education Fellow must have an abiding belief in the value and necessity of the arts as an essential component of childrens’ education.
The Arts Education Fellow is part of the Education Department which manages all YA’s grant-funded residency, performance, professional learning and family programming in schools. The Fellow works under the supervision of the Education Operations Director, supporting the education staff and assisting in program delivery. YA programs are conducted by professional teaching artists, with YA staff developing and managing the work. Collaborating schools are located in varied areas of our region, including Trenton. The successful candidate is highly motivated, creative, mission focused and is comfortable taking initiative and working independently as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Support Education Department Initiatives (80%):
- Support Education Department staff: schedule programs, create contracts in Salesforce CRM, monitor programs in progress.
- Support fundraising efforts by providing program data and narrative reports as needed.
- Support school contacts in selecting YA programming to meet schools’ needs.
- Support the coordination of programs with artists of various disciplines.
- Maintain accurate and up to date program schedules.
- Monitor project budgets, ensuring adequacy of funds, and timely artist payment.
Contribute to YA Initiatives: (20%):
- Support YA’s social media efforts.
- Participate in organization-wide efforts to assess quality and impact of programming.
- Participate in Young Audiences’ ongoing efforts to improve its work in relation to diversity, equity, inclusion and access, according to YA’s 3 year Arts United Plan.
- Collaborate with YA staff and school partners to develop new program ideas and outreach plans.
- Attend arts education convenings and networking opportunities as needed.
- 3+ years experience in education, arts education and/or arts administration.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively—both verbally and written—with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Experience working in a variety of communities is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluidly with technology including MS Office Suite; experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Inherent desire to set and achieve goals; persistent and consistent efforts are keys to success in this role.
- Strong organizational skills to track progress on multiple initiatives, provide timely follow up, and complete tasks in accordance with project timelines.
- A car, driver’s license and the ability to travel to schools within our service region of New Jersey and Eastern PA is required. Mileage is reimbursed.
- This position is based in Princeton, with frequent field work and offsite meetings.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: low $40s
- YA offers a generous benefits package including: 401K with employer match, excellent medical benefits, dental and vision benefits, generous paid time off, and life insurance.
- YA offers a flexible and supportive work environment where creative collaboration and shared learning are highly valued.
Young Audiences New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome employees and prospective employees without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Candidates should submit a cover letter expressing their interest, and resume to Education Operations Director Liz Winter-Kuwornu by email to: [email protected] with the subject line: Arts Education Fellow. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.